BBC Make a Difference Awards
Local BBC Radio stations across England want to acknowledge, commend and applaud volunteers, carers, great neighbours, key workers and community groups with the ‘Make a Difference Awards’.
Unsung community heroes who make a difference where they live will be recognised in a new award scheme being run by every local BBC radio station in England. But they need your help to identify people who should be honoured!
The BBC’s Make a Difference Awards will give credit and thanks to remarkable people, marking their achievements and contributions to lives in their communities.
There are eight award categories (listed below) and nominations are open now until the 29th of April 2022 at 11:00pm.
Visit BBC Make a Difference Awards to make a nomination and to see full terms.
The winners will be announced at a Make a Difference Awards ceremony hosted by BBC Radio Surrey in September.
- Volunteer Awarded to an individual who makes a real difference to the community by giving up their time voluntarily to help out a charity or good cause.
- Community Group Awarded to a group of people who have helped to genuinely change the lives of others within the community,
- Fundraiser Awarded to an individual or group of people who have gone the extra mile to raise funds for a charity or good cause.
- Carer Awarded to someone who improves the life of an individual or group of people by caring for them on a regular basis.
- Great Neighbour Awarded to an individual or group of people who help to make the neighbourhood or local community a better place to live or work, either on a regular basis or through a single act of kindness.
- Key Worker Awarded to a key worker who’s gone above and beyond their call of duty to help others.
- Environmental Award Awarded to an individual or group of people who help to make where we live more environmentally friendly.
- The Together Award Awarded to an individual or group of people who create real change by breaking down barriers and bringing together people from different walks of life for a common cause.