BBC Make a Difference Awards
The BBC Make a Difference Awards are back for another year to celebrate people who are going above and beyond to make a difference to the communities where we live.
Unsung heroes will once again be recognised in this award scheme being run by every local BBC radio station in England. But they need your help to identify people who should be honoured!
There are eight award categories (listed below) and nominations are open now until Sunday 5th March 2023 at 11:00pm.
Visit BBC Make a Difference Awards to make a nomination and to see full terms.
The winners will be announced at a Make a Difference Awards ceremony hosted by BBC Radio Surrey in September.
- Volunteer Awarded to an individual who makes a real difference to the community by giving up their time voluntarily to help out a good cause.
- Community Group Awarded to a group of people who have helped to genuinely change the lives of others within the community,
- Fundraiser Awarded to an individual or group of people who have gone the extra mile to raise funds for a good cause.
- Carer Awarded to someone who improves the life of an individual or group of people by caring for them on a regular basis.
- Great Neighbour Awarded to an individual or group of people who help to make the neighbourhood or local community a better place to live or work, either on a regular basis or through a single act of kindness.
- Bravery Awarded to an individual or group of people who has shown outstanding courage, defiance and duty in the face of perceived danger, fear or difficulty.
- The Green Award Awarded to an individual or group of people who help to make where we live more environmentally friendly and better for nature.
- The Together Award Awarded to an individual or group of people who inspire diverse communities to come together. They do this by creating real change and breaking down barriers, bringing people from different walks of life together for a common cause.of life for a common cause.